Thursday, March 25, 2010

For My Veggie Friends




Here's somthing that I absolutely love...it's refreshing, crunchy and full of protein too.


1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 cup frozen yellow corn
1 cup frozen white corn
1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
1/2 red onion diced
1.5 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons of hot sauce
1 lime juiced
5 TBS of veg oil
3 TBS red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon cilantro finely diced
S&P to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes for all the flavors to marry. The frozen corn will defrost and chill the rest of the dish. YUM!

4 comments:

  1. This is my kind of cooking, John!! I'm going to try it when I come back from the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post some more veg recipes as time goes by...stay tuned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I brought the leftovers with me to the pool todayh...and I got more than one person asking me what I was eating...lol...subtle compliment me thinks....

    ReplyDelete