Saturday, April 10, 2010

Grilled Chicken with an Asian Influence


I got this idea from a recipe from Tyler Florence. Like I've said, I only learned how to cook since my move to Las Vegas. I've gotten somewhat comfortable in the kitchen. Now I want to start grilling. So far, I haven't gone near our gas grill. I'm going to change that this year.

That said....it will be trial and error figuring out how long to cook things at what temps. This first attempt came out a little too crispy. I cooked it at too high a temp. I will adjust for the next time. It was delicious and worth repeating with some changes.

Ingredients
1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lime juiced (put in microwave for 10 sec first)
2'' fresh ginger chopped
1 lg garlic clove (2 small) chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (set a little bit aside for garnish)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1.5 lbs)

Directions
Combine ingredients (not the breasts) in a bowl and whisk together, then pour into a gallon ziplock bag. Then add the chicken and seal with as little air as possible. Marinade for one hour.

Preheat grill on high for 10 minutes. Then TURN DOWN THE HEAT just a bit. (I didn't do that tonight. Grill for 8 minutes on each side. Garnish with the rest of the cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment