Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Trip To Los Angeles


Wow!!! I had an amazing time out in Lala Land. LA is such a strange place...like no other in the world (and that's a good thing). The high light of my trip was not the Hollywood Walk of Fame, or Rodeo Drive. The best part was reconnecting with an incredible, and beautiful person that was a part of my life once upon a time. We were roommates in an insane bible college...and now 19 years later...here we are playing in Beverly Hills.

I had the pleasure of preparing a meal for Jeff and his partner. I've only started cooking recently...so, I find it a little challenging cooking in another kitchen. I made something I knew would turn out well....my 7 Flavor Beef!!!! It was a hit, if I do say so myself!

Thanks to Jeff, I had the best time being the ultimate tourist. I got to see almost everything in LA....Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Griffith Park and the Observatory, a filming of a pilot, Santa Monica and Venice Beach.

And still, the best part was Sunday night staying up until 3:30 in the morning catching up on 19 years. We laughed and laughed....I feel like an old part of my life has come back from the dead. Now I look forward to many more nights of laughter and love.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really happy for you, John! Sounds like a great trip. One of the best things in life is staying up late and laughing with a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my next blog will be about the drama skills I learned in college. I think I'll call it 'Portrait of a Mime Demon'. So glad you got to come over and play. Let's plan on getting smashed at the Abbey very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me....in about a month I can come back out to lala land...

    ReplyDelete